Pin It

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Lincoln's favorite new word must be "Gobble, gobble, gobble..." as in the same sound that babbling turkeys'  make. He could have a long conversation with me, pointing and laughing at this and that and I would only pretend that I actually knew what he was saying.

Well that word took on a whole new meaning on Wednesday morning. He gobbled up something that babies should not be playing with. I'll start off with saying, thankfully he's fine and I'd have to credit Maggie for saving his life. 

I'm calm but still creeped out a little bit. Like the other day ("last morning" as AJ would say), Lincoln was happily playing with Russian nesting dolls with Maggie in her room while I was rushing to eat breakfast with AJ and get out the door. All of a sudden I hear Maggie screeching and crying, I thought she was getting her haired pulled or something; I ran upstairs, suddenly quicker cuz it was getting extremely hysterical. I saw Lincoln foaming/ barfing at the mouth and I soon figured out he was choking on the smallest russian doll! OMG!

Fortunately I was able to just grab it out of his mouth with my fingers and I didn't end up jabbing it in any deeper. OMG after that he was fine. I was still shaking all morning. Anywayz needless to say
I put all the small stuff away so I wont' choke my child. SCARY!

I'm just glad that Maggie alerted me to Lincoln being in danger because choking is silent! Afterward she said we should pray for Lincoln tonight because he almost died (sic). I don't actually think that would be the case cuz there's alot of CPR and even calling 911 and things like people would've done before it would come to that, but I feel bad that she was thinking that.

No comments: