Pin It

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Alphabet Sugar Cookies

For the next birthday treat day at school, I could try to make these single serving Alphabet Sugar Cookies. It would be fun to decorate. I found this photo from another mom's website; she was making and selling these to order.  It was one of my projects to do the same too but I never got around to it.

Still looking for the Best Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever! Kid friendly too, any ideas?
The link above is one from the Food Network I haven't tried yet but it's got good reviews. Some say it's a bit bland so they added vanilla extract or lemon zest etc. Makes 3 dozen, 2 1/2 inch and it's good for cutouts!

Ingredients


3 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 tablespoon milk

Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough


I bought the Wilton's ABC and 123 Alphabet Cookie cutters from Michael's with a 50% coupon so it ended up being half of $14.99 for 50 pieces. These are good for tracing and cutting and spelling words too. However I had them hidden away and I never used them for years so I ended up giving them to my aunt for her Kindergarten class overseas, but I can go to Michael's to buy them again.
If you trace the letters and numbers on cardboard or chipboard you could decorate them for a kids room. The letters in this photo were made from wooden letters purchased from the dollar store (about $1.25 each)
Just a few decor ideas to brighten up the room. Think of the possibilities!

No comments: