Pin It

Friday, December 14, 2012

Chow Mein Noodle Cookie

I was at Bulk Barn the day before I went to the hospital to give birth actually, and there was an elderly lady who was filling up her bag with the crunchy chow mien noodle (like the kind used in a terriyaki chicken salad). I couldn't help but stare in wonder for a few moments before I burst out asking, "What are you going to do with all those noodles, make wonton soup?" Of all the races in the world, I should know what people are gonna do with fake chow mien noodles.

She answers, "CHOW MIEN NOODLE COOKIES, just google it."

Well I did find a recipe online and I even made some myself. There are many variations online with chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, and butterscotch.  They are similar to a rice krispie square or haystack cookies. People have made these into birds nests with the cadbury chocolate eggs for an Easter treat.  This is the recipe I used.

RECIPE
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 tbsp butter melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 cups dry chow men noodle

Just like making a rice krispie square treat, melt the marshmallows and butter at medium low heat, stir until creamy and fluffy. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla (optional) and the crunchy noodles to coat evenly.Press into a parchment paper lined or greased pan smaller than 8x8. Cool and cut into squares or fashion into bird nest shapes.

ALTERNATE RECIPE
2 cups dry chow mien noodle
1 cup chocolate chip
1/2 cup buttersccotch chips

Melt the chocolate slowly and be careful not to get water or condensation in the chocolate to avoid seizing.

No comments: